Monday, March 19, 2012

Japanese Style Light Thin Crust Pizza

It's 10pm. Max is crying for food, telling me that he's hungry. But he say "I feel like eating, but I don't want to eat too full."

He and all his request. Sigh!

So, being a lazy good wife is never easy here, I have to always be prepared. I open the fridge and see what I have. And there, I think I can make him a thin crust pizza. A light one. He never liked thick pizza with every mouthful of pizza bread. He only eat pizza when it is thin crust. Fussy man!

So here it is... Something simple, something light, something that makes him feels special when I serve him this...


Nice? Don't get cheated by it's outlook. Actually, there's nothing much in this pizza. Because I don't want it to be heavy. So, you look at the ingredients and you will know what I mean.


Ingredients
  • 1 sheet of Mission Wraps. I used Garlic Flavour. This is a good cheat for your thin crust pizza skin when you don't wanna put in effort to make pizza crust on your own.
  • a tablespoons of olive oil
  • a tablespoons of Teriyaki Sauce
  • a handful of Mozarella Cheese
  • a handful of Striped Roasted Seaweed
  • a handful of Dried Bonito Flakes
  • sprinkles of seaweed flakes
  • Tomato ketchup (for finishing)
Don't know what the hell is all these ingredients about? Refer to my picture...

Feeling stressed on where to get those stuffs? Here, I'll tell you where to source for all these ingredients :

1) Mission Wraps / Teriyaki Sauce / Mozarella Cheese
= You can get it from major NTUC, Cold Storage. Or even Sheng Siong.

2) Striped Roasted Seaweed / Dried Bonito Flakes / Seaweed flakes = You can get it from Daiso. S$2.00 each. Cheap cheap. But of course, you can also get it from Meidi-Ya at Liang Court if you are rich. They do carry these for sure.




Method

1. Heat up your non-stick pan. Brush olive oil on both side of the wrap sheet. By doing this, your pizza will have a real nice crust. Put it on the pan. When the wrap sheet is on the pan, brush the Teriyaki Sauce on top.

2. Sprinkle Mozarella Cheese generously. Cover it up, let it cook under low heat for 3 minutes. Check the bottom of the pizza when you feel necessary, don't burn it. It should be in toasted light brown color, and yet crispy. After 3 minutes later, if you feel that the pizza is not crust enough, continue to toast it for another minute or two. Gauge it yourself.

3. When your pizza is ready, heat off, put your pizza on the chopping board, sprinkle with seaweed flakes, dried bonito flakes, striped roasted seaweed.

4. Squeeze tomato ketchup over as a finishing. Take photo. Then, cut it into 8 pieces. Take photo again, and then serve! You really have to trust me on this.


This pizza is really thin and crispy. I didn't cut it when I take picture.

After I took the photo of the whole pizza, I bring it back to the kitchen and cut it. And serve it to Max straight after cutting. I walk back to the kitchen, wanting to wash my chopping board & knife before I come out to take another picture, thought of wanting to show you peeps how thin & how crust the pizza skin is.

But by the time I finished doing my washing, the pizza is gone.  It was a real big regret for doing the washing 1st!

@#$!&^%*#!@$&#!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment